Paradigm Aviation has partnered with Blue Sky Aviation of Atlanta Georgia to provide a one day course that will give you a thrill that few general aviation pilots ever get to experience. Expand your skills as a pilot while you fly side by side with another aircraft.Formation flying is a learned skill, similar to the skill it takes to be a good Instrument rated pilot.What you learn in formation will enhance your overall flying skills, especially the elusive” situational awareness” attribute that is essential for the professional pilot.
Press the “start” button on the right to view a short formation video.
To provide an Introduction to Formation Flying in Cirrus SRXX aircraft.
Two instructors, one in each aircraft will be flying with the upgrading formation pilots. The instructors will be in the right seat and the students in the left seat. Depending on weight limitations, a third individual can occupy the back seat.
- A formal formation briefing, given by the designated Flight Lead will follow the academic segment.
- Two, 2-ship formation flights will be conducted with a duration of approximately 1.5 hours each.
- A formal debriefing will occur after the flight.
- No person may operate an aircraft so close to another aircraft as to create a collision hazard.
- No person may operate an aircraft in formation flight except by arrangement with the pilot in command of each aircraft in the formation.
- No person may operate an aircraft, carrying passengers for hire, in formation flight.
- Cobb County – McCollum Airport in Kennesaw, GA
- McGee Tyson Airport – Knoxville, TN
Future location will be added based on demand.
If you have access of two Cirrus Aircraft, instructors can arrange to fly out of another airport.
The cost for each participant is $600.00 (Fifty Dollars Less than our normal daily rate).
Payment for this course must be received no later than 7 days prior to the course date.
Plan on “show time” of 0800 and completing the training no earlier than 1600 hrs. ITS A FULL DAY OF TRAINING!
- Rich Hayes: President and owner of Blue Sky Aviation Services LLC, located in Kennesaw, GA. Over 15,000 flight hours, 1000 in Cirrus, 3800 hours and 22 years in the US Air Force as a Lt Col flying F-15’s , F-4’s, F-111’s, T-38’s and T-33’s, and retired Delta Air Lines Captain type rated in MD-11, Boeing 767, Boeing 757, Airbus 310, MD-88 and currently an instructor in the Eclipse EA-500/550.
- Stan Szybillo: President and owner of Paradigm Aviation LLC, located in Knoxville, TN. Stan is a retired US Air Force Lt Col with over 7,000 flight hours total in F-111, T-38 military aircraft, General Aviation aircraft and is a Cirrus “Platinum” Instructor with over 2,200 hours in SR22 and SR20 aircraft.
Both Rich and Stan teach Formation Training in the Cirrus SR-22 four months a year to upgrading U.S. Air Force Flight Surgeons.